Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Not an Ordinary day!

Yesterday, I ended my posting by saying "who knows what God has planned for us?". As usual I would find out later that day. You see, all I had planned for was a nice quiet day with Terry. We picked up more roses, her second favorite flower, and we rearranged the garden a bit. Roses, as you all now need pruning, and a little more effort to produce a wonderful flower. It was a gorgeous day and we both loved just getting our hands in the dirt and pruning things a bit.

We had made plans to take my folks to the 4 pm Mass and then go out for supper. My best friend called and asked what we were doing for supper, and the answer was simple, "we can all gather together!" The readings at Mass were very inspiring ,and then I heard the Gospel proclaimed...."He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and every one that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit." I was really choked up by this, and I just looked up...smiled...laughed..and then thought to myself...."Just and ordinary day, right?". 

We then gathered at Mr. Pizza's where my son was working, on his birthday. We also celebrated my buddy's anniversary. It was a great family event!

The night was capped off with....what else?....a campfire of course. We gathered with our friends, around a beautiful campfire.

How was your ordinary day? Mine was spectacular!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment