Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Balancing my life.

Well it's been a little over a week since I put something together on this blog. I'm sure you have all seen a pattern that I can write when I have free time, like vacation; and when I'm not it can be a challenge. Wednesday and Thursday were challenges for me. On Wednesday I worked alone from 7 am till 6 pm and rushed to a school board meeting at 6:15. A can of soup was my supper before heading to the meeting. That meeting lasted until 9pm, and I had to prepare to leave early the next day for a 9 am meeting in Lebanon on Thursday. A company meeting that had a very full day of learning and that one lasted until 4:20, off in my car and then trust the GPS to get me to Plymouth for my 6 pm Old Testament class. That class lasted until about 9:15 that night. Do I feel balanced in my life? No! I was warned by everyone Fr. Dennis, Pat, my family that this probably won't work. For those of you who know me, I become very passionate in my work. My wife reminds me of that whenever I discuss what is going on in my class. Unfortunately because of a long day I literally didn't have much left in the tank for Thursday night.  I have mentioned in the past that I have read a  book "NO ONE but You!" One passage now stands out for me, what will you put aside to do the Lord's work?

I have been doing my best to balance all of these missions in my life. I have even refused to participate in something new, knowing I didn't have the time. I have been torn by a promise to give my niece and nephew their diplomas at graduation in June. I have been telling myself I can't wait until June, so I can let go of the mission of being a member and chair of the Berlin Board of Education. Inside I know my heart isn't in me for being on the board any longer. I am probably still doing more work half hearted than many have done with full effort, yet that isn't good enough for me. I don't like, and I can't do anything half way.

I need more time in my life to really dive into my studies, and indulge my passion. Again, my wife and I discussed how she, my mother, and others were wondering how much longer I can burn the candle on both ends.

It's now time to put aside something to do the Lord's work. If I am so blessed to be a Deacon some day I can't do anything half way, and I really have to immerse myself in my studies. I'm sure you all know where I'm going with this, and the difficult part now comes telling everyone. I know some will be disappointed, some angry, and some who won't understand. I know all of you Aspirants will and those of you who really care for me.

Today will be a new beginning of a better balanced life, family, faith, work, studies, and fun time. Time to have a better balanced life.

Take Care, Adieu, and I am so looking forward to seeing all of you on our next formation weekend.

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment