Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What will you put aside to do the Lord's work?

These words have echoed in my mind for some time now. It is amazing to me how something that I read a while ago has come back to me.  A month ago I finished a book, "No One but You!" Yes I have mentioned this book several times in my blog. That line "What will you put aside to do the Lord's work?", stood out for me in the sense that it was challenging people to go out there and serve the Lord. This past week as you all know was a very stressful week for me. I have been balancing so many things in my life that I had to reflect and talk with my wife where I was going in life. I realized that I don't have an S tattooed on my chest. I so love to work and serve people, that I thought I could work 48 hours a week, serve as chairman and a member of the Berlin Board of Education, go to school each week, study, read, write, oh yeah spend time with my wife, etc. Well the title of this blog came back to me in a different way. I was serving the Lord by helping my community, but I have committed to this journey and I was asked by the Lord what I was going to put aside for him, and I guess God wanted to know if I was really committed to following him. Those who know me, or will get to know me will understand that this is really the first thing in my life that I didn't finish.  I can't and won't do anything half way, and my whole heart, mind, and soul is in this journey now. I resigned from the board and though it was difficult to deal with I was given so much support from my peers that I was truly touched by them. A great relief has come over me and a new energy is building up inside.

I know that this will be one of probably many challenges that will come before in the next few years. This was my first challenge, and as they say this was a no brainer. I know I want to continue this journey. I want to learn, spend time with my new family of Aspirants and their spouses, and I want to grow in whatever way God has mapped out for me. 

I don't believe this will be the last time I will be dealing with this question, "What will you put aside to do the Lord's work?

Adieu, and a blessed Thanksgiving to all of you.

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment