Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Hold on, while I check my calendar!

This past weekend's retreat we dealt again with a recurring issue. Our lives are much too busy, and how are we going to deal with this? For the very first time in my life there are two things that I am maintaining, a journal and a calender. The journal part is going much better than I thought. Looking back, the great days far outnumber the so so days and the really lousy days. I rarely forget to post anything and when I do it usually is within a day or so and it  quickly comes back to me. This has become so much a part of my life that I got a little freaked out when I thought that I had lost my journal. For anyone that hasn't tried it yet I would say, "give it shot, I think you'll like it!"

Now with that dreaded calendar issue, that I forced myself into. Even though I have given up a major distraction in my life (school board), I still have to write things down and say, "hold on while I check my calendar!" Yuk! I'm going to be 51 this year and even though I think I have a very good memory,  I can't seem to function without it.

Yesterday was an extreme calendar day, one that got me rolling very early in the morning. I was ready to head to the Church to do Morning Prayers and I got a call that one of the guys was on the road and the other was very sick. I did my Morning Prayers alone and then left for a trip to Laconia. My boss asked me last week if I could share a day with a new assistant manager in the company. I was humbled by the request to do this, and of course I gladly accepted. It really worked out well to go to Laconia and then  head to Plymouth for the final New Testament class. The day in Laconia was beautiful in many, many ways. Great weather, a day to share my business thoughts, a chance to meet new people, and believe it or not a chance to share my faith. My boss told everyone there that I was studying to be a Deacon and they all asked questions about it. A very nice young lady told me she goes to Bible study and she said she was a Christian. I told her that I was one too! She looked a little puzzled by that. I guess she thought Catholics aren't Christians and I ended up explaining the Deacon's role in the Church.

The trip to Plymouth was a very short one, and I'm really glad I planned it that way. I had time before class to do my Evening Prayers and do some journal time. The class dealt with the Pauline letters. I was just overwhelmed and in awe of what we learned last night. I had one problem that took away from the class. I was so tired from the day that I should have taken a cup of coffee before class. I had trouble staying awake even though I was so moved by what I learned. After class on the silent ride home, all I could think of is the Agony in the Garden, when the Apostles couldn't stay awake. I wasn't as bad as they were but I had to struggle through the battle. I didn't have a problem riding home, the radio was off, and my co pilot was  at my side. I was asked how do you like traveling alone, and I answered "I don't, I have my co pilot always guiding me!"

This week I also have a full calendar, and I guess it is something that I still need to work on a bit. I can't think of anything else to drop, so I guess time management is the next option. I'll work on that issue starting today. Anyways, I hope you all had a great week and I wish that Jesus showers you with his Love.

Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment