Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Word(s) Among Us!

I'm staring out the window and looking out at the mountains in the distance and seeing a rose colored mountain top. The beauty of creation of our God. Another Epiphany, remember we should be witnessing at least three a day, according to Br. Jack. I really liked that and realized that some of life's distractions are actually quite beautiful and pleasant. Whenever I seem to participate in events, such as this weekend words seem to jump out at me. I would like to share some of the words that caught my attention.

  • Distractions, of any kind are just a part of life!
  • Hesed, unconditional Love!
  • Breathe, breathe in the breath of God!
  • Busy, trying to free up things, finding the right balance in life! Am I too busy? How will I keep from being too busy as a Deacon?
  • Silence, finding the comfort in silence!
  • Prayer, Lectio Divina

These are just a few of the words that made me stop, reflect, and at times feel incredibly at peace. I really want to try two things during lent this year. One comes from this weekend. I will do everything possible to have one day per week to have a no social media whatsover: TV, computer, radio, newspaper, etc. The second will be to reflect on the Passion of Christ in the Gospel of John. This comes from our New Testament class that Fr. Biron asked us to consider. I'm up for the two of them. This being my first Lent as an aspirant I want to deepen my relationship with God and the these challenges I hope will bear fruition.

I just made an appointment with my spiritual director and I have quite a bit to share with him. I would like to end by saying that being with all of you is very special. The name tags are needed only to remind us of each others name, but I really don't need to see a tag to know who is in my family. I feel that each and everyone of you are family to me and I Love spending time with you to know you and be a part of your life also.

God Bless you all!

Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment