Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another revelation....this is my buddy!

Terry's job is one that leaves us with not as much time together as either one of us really likes. I only actually have two days a week that we can spend together. She is off on Thursdays (we go to school) Fridays, and Saturdays. So Friday night we went out to eat just the two of us, and then we went out shopping till about 10.

Saturday we planned a day together, again just the two of us to head down to North Conway. On the way over Terry said "Wow, just the two of us, we're really spending more time together, with a great big smile." 

We went to JC Penney's and shopped for a while, picked up some bargains, but mainly enjoyed our time together. We met many friends from Berlin, and then it happened..."Mitch, this is my buddy!" Terry met up with one of her Alzheimer's friend that she volunteers with. The woman was with her daughter who is a friend of ours. She was shocked that her mother recognized Terry! The woman's eyes really lit up when Terry smiled, and hugged her and repeated..."this is my buddy!" Terry is the most caring and patient woman I know, and her actions revealed something to me that I shared with her.

She is not really fond of her job, but she is making an impact with the children she is with. She really loves working with the elderly, and the results were very evident to me what she is capable of.

All I could think of is that I have to be open to whatever comes my way if ever I am blessed enough to be ordained. St. Paul reminds me often "I can do all things in Him who strengthens me!"

Time, it is such a wonderful gift!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment