Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, July 17, 2015

I am terrible with names...& then there is John

I've come to the conclusion that it will take a lot of work on my part to remember names. For years I've struggled with this and have marveled at those who have the gift of remembering people's names. I usually never forget a face, yet there is that flaw in my character that aches me. With all that said, then there is John. John is one of those gentlemen that you can't and won't forget. I've only known John for about 4 months as one of my favorite retail customers. You may ask why, and the answer is simple. John is a man of Joy! And I do mean Joy! He radiates and exudes that joy and it is so uplifting. He listens well, and is always praising people! I wish there were more Johns in this world, and I wish I were more like him also. I guess this goes back to the heart of Fr. Kyle's homily last week of encouraging people and this Scripture passage that I read every single morning......Encourage yourselves daily while it is still “today,” (Hebrews 3:13).

I pray that a little bit of John rubs off on me and all of us!

Dona Nobis Pacem

Deacon Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment