Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, July 13, 2015

Simply said yet extremely well done!

Terry and I had a wonderful weekend away to celebrate our pending anniversary. We traveled to old orchard beach and spent a great weekend of camping, time with our daughter and granddaughter, capped with a romantic evening supper. So last night we attended the 6 PM mass, being on vacation I sat in the pew with Terry and my Mom and Dad. It felt different, but it also felt very good. Father Kyle our pastor was the celebrant last night. The focus of his homily was on three particular words; encourage, forgive, pray. He reminded the parishioners that we aren't a church of doom and gloom. He stressed that there was consequences for our sins, but that the Lord will take care of that. He spoke that we need to be a joyful people, always encouraging people. He had one phrase that I had to post into my I phone shortly after the homily ended. "encouragement leads us to the next mission!" Wow! I was really moved by that simple phrase, which carried so much weight. Suddenly I was struck with a scriptural phrase......"Encourage each other daily while it is still today (Hebrews 3:13)" It started making me think. How can I be a joyful person, if I am not encouraging people each and every day? None of us can honestly move onto the next mission without encouraging everyone each and every day without exception. I obviously have work to do!

Dona Nobis Pacem

Deacon Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment