Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Discernment Time!

This coming weekend our group of Aspirants will be enjoying another formation weekend, and the focus will be on Vocation Discernment. I think the timing is perfect. During this time of Lent we are given the opportunity to search for Our Lord and search our hearts for His Call!

This weekend I'm sure will guide us through the journey of moving on towards Candidacy for the Permanent Diaconate. Similar to a marriage our journey begins to mesh into the future. We are Aspirants and most if not all will move on to Candidacy. As we move forward we take on the mantle of our calling. I relate it to a marriage in that the two become one is witnessed at a single public event, but the transformation happens much sooner than that.

I know that I am not the same person that began this journey last year in anticipation of acceptance to this wonderful family. The classes, the formation weekends, the prayers, the support of our parishioners, all are some important. I've learned to say no at times because I can't do it all and I need to continue to balance my life. The Spirit is guiding me along and taking me to places, meeting people, and giving me the words that need to be said.

This week I'm on vacation with Terry and we have the opportunity to just be together and try to get some projects done around the house.

I am so looking forward to meeting my other family again, and I want to continue to meet and talk with others that I haven't been able to do that with. Amazingly enough, you would think that I would have had the chance to talk with everyone. Time and chance hasn't allowed that to happen. I love hearing every one's stories of life,family, & faith.

Please pray for all of us as we can all use them!

Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment