Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, March 21, 2011

A weekend of friendship, relaxing, and best of all bowling!

For the past six years I have spent one weekend attending the NH state amateur bowling association tournament. The key word for me is amateur as even though I'm not too bad at home I have yet to come back with a successful weekend of bowling. You may wonder why I would put myself through this for six years and not even having one great weekend of bowling. Well first of all I guess I'm the eternal optimist believing that eventually the law of averages has to balance out. Second if it was all about winning I probably wouldn't go, don't get me wrong I am a very competitive person, but my main reason for going is a chance to hang out with my buddies and doing something I love to do.

This year was an improvement over last year in scores, but the experience was heads and tails above all of them. The main reason was the four other guys who joined me were so much fun to be with. For the first time my best friend Bruce was right there with me and I know we both loved it. We shared good food, good times, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything else.

As disappointing as it is to struggle with my bowling, next year I plan on going back with my buddies and trying it out again. We are thinking of merging our two teams together, Sherwin-Williams and Windshield World into SHER-WIN World! I think it has a great ring to it.  

The weekend also gave me a chance to have a little balance in my life. So I'm back refreshed, a little frustrated, but ready to tackle my studies and a return to class on Thursday. By the way I really love this class, Christology.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment