Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Who loves to receive letters?

I do! Yesterday Terry called me and told me I received a letter in the mail and that she thought it was a medal. I was definitely curious. As soon as I got home I looked for the letter. I haven't received too many letters that got me this excited. The last one was waiting for the acceptance letter from the Bishop.

The letter was a very small white envelope with two Christmas stamps on the right side. There was no return address anywhere to be found. I could definitely feel that there was a medal inside. I opened it and found a beautiful and very touching medal. One side of the medal was St. Michael, my actual name is Michael, and the other side of the medal was the Guardian Angel. My first parish was Guardian Angel.

I was so touched by the gesture and quickly found that there wasn't a note at all, or so I thought. I looked around and could see on the inside a short note. "we thought of You!"
Wow! I had to share this with all of you today! I Love letters and this is right up there with the best of them, because it came from the heart. My last paper I wrote for New Testament class was on the Letters of St. Paul and how I felt that the underlining message throughout was Love. Yesterday I was reminded that the Love of Christ is shared with many, and today I am still treasuring that Love.

How do you top an event like that, or even describe how you feel after getting this wonderful gift. I will always be reminded of the little things in life that keep me going.

Share a little Love out there on St. Patrick's Day!

Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch (Michael)

ps: Last night we had our second Christology course and we had a discussion on the Diaconate and then Fr. John stated that unfortunately we don't get letters from God. I had to tell everyone about the letter I received the other day and that I felt it was a letter from God. Fr. John smiled and said.."You know it isn't important to try to figure out who it came from, because it actually was a letter from God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment