Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A week off??? Yeah Right!

Well after kick starting our class last week we are all on break this week. So what do you do when you have a week off? Relax right? Well not quite. This is my schedule for the week. Last night I was supposed to go with Terry to do our taxes, well you probably saw that we got dumped on yesterday to the tune of about 15 inches of heavy wet snow. Yuk! I spent an hour and half cleaning my driveway while Terry was off having the taxes done.

So Tuesday will be a a relaxing night right? Actually it is. I will be heading to my favorite past time tonight, bowling. Unfortunately I was low man on my team and I will be keeping score and cheering on our team. We are in second place in this league and fourth place on Sunday.

Wednesday being Ash Wednesday I will be attending Mass and will be an extraordinary minister for this Mass. This is a break I really need. I get recharged by attending Mass and I am really looking forward to Lent this year. I have been using a prayer to keep myself in check, "Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner! I'm sure some of you have heard of this and I'm really enjoying it.

Thursday night will be another good night, I will be attending a Knight's of Columbus meeting. Because they meet on class nights I haven't been able to attend too many of these, so I get a treat this week.

Finally, what will the weekend be like?  I'm wide open and I possibly may head down south to watch the boy's basketball finals for division III. Haven't firmed that one yet, and it all depends on what happens tonight. If we do make it, the south will be invaded by all Berlinites who are the best traveling fans next to the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. I'm really not exaggerating this at all.

Well, a week off has opened up a few things that I Love to do.  I hope all of you are enjoying your week and let's prepare ourselves during this time of Lent.

Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment