Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, April 11, 2011

In His Presence!

To some of the regular followers of this blog I may be coming across as repeating myself on a certain trend. Yes, there always seems to be a word that has a tendency to stick inside my head. As I have spent time preparing for my final paper for Christology, again a single word became the center point of my world for now. That word that has captured me and become a part of me is the word Presence.

My final paper is titled "In His Presence"! I am a cradle Catholic and my traditional upbringing has given me a very strong foundation in my faith. I have a mother who nurtured and lived a life of faith. I have a parochial school education that reinforced and also nurtured my faith. Growing up wasn't being Catholic, it was living the faith and walking the talk.

Now as my journey shifts into another gear, I am being exposed to more about Jesus and especially the Presence of God. Opening up to this has only made this walk even more exciting than I could have imagined. Being in the Presence happens every day, and I want to be sure that I don't miss out on anything.  When I get up to pray in my inner room, I search for His Presence. When I read the Word of God, I search for His Presence. When I minister to the sick at the hospital, I need to do ministry of Presence. This action happens also when I meet and greet people, in my studies, and when I search for the face of God in the hearts of all His children.

Yesterday at Mass when Fr. Mark preached about the Gospel and  he reminded us to strive to be in the Presence of God. He is also the one who defined the ministry of Presence in a very simple and loving way. He said that what I need to do is to make sure that I am there for people in whatever way the Spirit moves me, by a smile, a kind word, holding their hands, listening to them, but most of all just being with them in their presence. When I truly search for the face of God, then I begin to be in His Presence!

So to quote The Word Among Us..."Slow down, spend time in God's Presence, and let Him speak to you and lift you up!"

Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment