Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, April 15, 2011

Just another normal night!

Well, it was Thursday and that means it was time to attend another class in Plymouth. The current class is Theology of Church and we have Sr. Monique Couture teaching us again. She does a wonderful job to get us to reflect on what we are learning and she helps us to uncover the little nuances of what is going on.

I am so fascinated by Pope John XXIII, again as I have learned through our Scripture studies, God has a knack of choosing the unlikeliest person to get His message across to us. The humility and holiness, and how much he was moved by the Holy Spirit is just incredible. He never lost his love for being pastoral, and Our Church has never been the same since, and I mean that in an extremely positive sense.

Well in typical class fashion the night moved on rather quickly and before we knew it Terry and I were heading back home. The ride was uneventful until we turned on to route 3 to Twin Mountain. I was shocked to see a large Moose in the middle of the road. I have been preparing myself for the night it would happen and finally I did. I take my time through that stretch of road and fortunately we were able to quickly avoid it.

A very cute animal to see during the day, but not driving up and seeing them at night!

Well, we all have a one week break in between our next class for Holy Week. I'll be busy wrapping up my Sunday bowling league and helping out the parish during Holy Week. Our small men's prayer group will be meeting every morning in community prayer. I'm so looking forward to this.

Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment