Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, April 25, 2011

My First Holy Week? Welcome Home!

Well, here are my final reflections of the week that was. Yes, I did write my first Holy Week! What I mean by that is that now that I am on this journey to potentially being a Permanent Deacon I felt a renewed enthusiasm, similar to what happens when you experience something for the first time. My job as commentator for explaining what will be happening ended at Easter Vigil and I have to say the experience was so Spiritually filling. Incredible, awesome, wonderful, I think you get the idea. I had the first reading of Genesis for that evening and I captured so much from that experience. God spoke, It Happened, and it was Good!

We received three new members to our community and it was so special to be a part of it. At the end of the Liturgy everyone had the opportunity to meet and greet the newest members, congratulations were given, and something came over me. When I met each one I said..."Welcome Home!" They all looked at me with a confused look, except for one sponsor who also happened to be a grandmother. She responded.."That's beautiful, I Love it!" So to all of you out there including Dana, Welcome Home! Alleluia!

The group of men that I have  been praying with daily, continued our early morning gatherings all the way through Easter Sunday.  There is something so special when you pray as a community. I want to try to recruit more people to join us, especially during Holy Week next year.  On Easter Sunday I celebrated with my wife, my mom & dad, and again it was Good!

What a week indeed!

Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment