Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

"And He stooped toward me...."

It's early Sunday Morning and I'm praying for some guidance on my first paper for The Prophets course we are all taking. I seem to always get a little worked up about the first paper. You know, first impressions are important!

I've finished all my readings and I have really enjoyed them all. I started writing the paper yesterday and it was OK, but it really didn't excite me. At Mass I listened, I prayed and then it all started. I remembered that the paper was about how I would explain Biblical prophecy and what was a Biblical prophet to someone.

As I listened at Mass I heard the words that entered into my heart....."and He stooped toward me and heard my cry. And He put a new song into my mouth, a Hymn to God."
and then again more....."but ears open to obedience you gave me."

It's like I heard the Lord talking to me, telling me to relax, I hear you! Don't worry so much, just listen.......and He began to put a new song into my mouth!

I just got back from the hospital, and again I was reminded how much this formation is preparing me for the future. I met someone who was struggling with the loss of her Independence. I mentioned to her about how St. Paul also struggled, having to accept the generosity of others for his ministry. I mentioned to her that at times in our lives as independent as we may be, we may need to depend on others to get by. I asked her to pray to St. Paul and asked for his intercession on this issue. The words seem to offer comfort to her and then she received a call from her daughter and I left. She sounded better!

Looking back, I could feel and hear that He put a new song into my mouth!


Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

PS, it's going to hit 15 below today here in Burrrrrrrrlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment