Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Living like the prophets!

Our current course for the deacon candidates is an on line course about the prophets. My first experiment into this way of learning is actually going quite well. It takes a little more effort on my part to keep up with this, but I actually am enjoying a little more free time in the process. We have the opportunity to post reflections on a regular basis and all the students in the section get a chance to review it and add comments.


This app called Catholic One is available at no charge. So I figured if it's free, this one is for me. What I have really loved about this one is the daily podcasts that are meditations from Pope Benedict XVI. Today's podcast centered around the theme "Living like the prophets" and the meditation states....          
  "They are not to be understood as seers, but as voices who understand time from God's point of view, and can therefore warn us against what is destructive, and on the other hand, show us the right road forward!"

 A very timely meditation indeed!

I strongly suggest that you should try it out.  It's available in the Daily readings section of this app at the bottom of the list!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment