Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My First Day!

The first day of the year offers excitement, but most of all hope for a better year. I attended the 9 am Mass and served as a Eucharistic Minister. Fr. Kyle was in his usually good form and there was one word that resonated in my heart. HOPE! Hope drives us to believe, to push ourselves harder in anticipation of that final reward.

This would be day one of new hope, and definitely no excuses! It's my turn to minister to the sick at the hospital and I made sure I was prepared. I wanted this to be a special day and I wasn't disappointed. Time is very precious in people's lives and it's often times not something that we share very well. I kept thinking of another word before I got to the hospital, presence. By listening, sharing, holding some one's hand I could feel the Lord's presence and healing.

I wasn't going to be a clock watcher with a stop watch in hand. There were no time limits for me. I wanted to make sure I got to be with these people, hear their stories, and offer the comfort of Our Lord.

The best part of all of this was that I gained so much from this. I realized even more that these people needed Jesus and that through me they felt Him alive inside of them, and so did I.

Later on that day I started cleaning up a bit and came across the business card of a dear friend. I haven't seen or heard from him in a while and he had been someone that I've been thinking about quite often. Well again, no excuses, so I sent him an email to wish him and his family well. I heard from him today and it really made my day.

I'm off and running in the first of many days this year. I'm sure they won't all be as exciting as this one was, but I guess they could be if I don't make excuses!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment