Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's the end of our break and the beginning of a new adventure!

It's time to go back to our studies for all of the Deacon Candidates. I personally had a very wonderful break, but on Monday evening we are back at it with a twist. Mike and I won't be doing the tag team travel routine. We are continuing our year of technology by taking an on line course through the University of Notre Dame. For a very traditional person this change will be very different. I'm being honest when I say that I'm a little nervous and unsure about this, but I'll trust that the Lord has something special for us. I ask for all your prayers for all 23 of us and the wives for those married. Your support is essential for us throughout our journey.

Continuing on this hi tech topic, I received a Kindle Fire from my family for Christmas. I really love this gift. I've been using it for my prayers, for the day's readings, for reflections, but what I really love is a podcast on daily reflections from Pope Benedict XVI!  The reflections are very wonderful, and it's something I found on a free app called Catholic One! I highly recommend it.

My final words for today center upon a letter I received from my pastor. He thanks me for accepting this call and he is encouraging me to persevere through this journey. There's that word again! Persevere! I guess someone is trying to tell me something. I can't say enough about the support that Mike and I are receiving by the Berlin/Gorham community.


May you all encounter many Epiphanies each and every day!

Bonsoir et Adieu Mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment