Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sometimes I can be a little too persistant!

Yesterday, we were being covered with a snowfall way up North. Supposedly this was to be a MAJOR snowfall according to the National Weather Service! BEWARE.....dangerous conditions! Yeah right! I'm tough, I was born here, bring on the snow.

I got a call from a customer who needed some paint for a job that he needed to finish for Monday. I thought for a moment and decided that I was heading to Rumford Maine to visit a great friend of mine and tint and pick up this specialty product in his store. After all, this should be a piece of cake right? So what if it took a little longer than usual.

I called Terry and asked her if she wanted to join me on a road trip. Within an hour we were off. The roads were a little greasy but I kept well below the speed limit. I had to stop a couple of times to clean off the wiper blades, but no big deal at all!

We were a little less than 5 minutes from the store when  the truck started twisting and turning. Amazingly, instincts and training take over and after a couple of twists I thought I had it covered. Luckily, with twisting into the other lane, there were no cars or trucks coming our way.

Then it happened we were sliding sideways! In moments I thought we were going to hit the guard rails, and we missed them. Were still sliding and then I thought we would be all right and then we were heading down a small embankment. I thought we were going to hit a tree. I looked around, quickly put the truck in reverse and backed out of the ditch.

We didn't really hit anything, and I couldn't believe how we got out of there without a tow truck. The truck behind us saw us getting out and continued on his way. I then drove to the store and quickly got out and didn't even see a scratch on the truck. Terry, looked at me and said..."well at least we were together, and this will be something we can tell our grandchildren!" (if we get any!)

I talked to my buddy Larry and told him what happened. He said and not jokingly...."Mitch, you are touched by God!" I actually thought I was really "touched" in the head for making the trip.

This is the next day and I'm still stunned as to how quickly this happened and how blessed we are for coming home safe.

The next time this does come up again, and I'm sure it will, I will make sure that this time I say...."let's wait until tomorrow!"

Bonjour, et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment