Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, April 6, 2012

Direction, Reconciliation, & more Direction!

Wednesday night I left early to sit, think, and pray before receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I was right up front in deep thought and prayer when Fr. Mark my Spiritual director asked "Are you okay?" I guess the intensity of the prayer left him a little concerned. We spoke for several minutes on many topics and soon when he left I realized that we had a mini Spiritual session. I then walked to the back of the Church and got in line with all of us sinners. 

I walked in and met with Fr. Kyle and we talked, I shared , received the Lord's blessing and forgiveness and he also gave me some very sound advice on what has been going on this year. He called the challenges as a period of purification that was necessary to prepare all of us for the Diaconate. He also mentioned one item I want to share. He said when you preach make sure it isn't your story, you must be faithful to the Gospel and always speak the Truth.  He also went on to say that the Deacon's ministry is one of Service and Charity. 

Well it turned out to be a night that I received quite a bit more than I expected. It's awesome how the Lord works in a very mysterious, wonderful, and unexpected ways.

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment