Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Torn!

This past week I wanted to take everything in, every little moment. Thanks to our Pastor, Mike and I were very involved with Holy Week. I even spent time with my prayer partner Mike M. bringing in the flowers, setting up the candles, and offering our help in any way possible early Saturday morning.

Today I took my parents to Church, and then we gathered down at the restaurant. We haven't been together since Christmas as a family and it was special being with all of them. We laughed, we shared, we ate, but best of of all we were together. The moment was bittersweet as Terry, and my daughter couldn't be there because of work and distance. Being with everyone for just a few hours doesn't sound like much but because of everyone's lives it just seems to happen.  

Tonight I called my best friend to wish him and his family Happy Easter. We missed each other at Mass today, as he attended the Service at Holy Family. He told me that lately we haven't seen much of each other and that hasn't been a usual occurrence.  


One of the difficulties of this journey has been balancing time with everyone. I remember quite well during a Spiritual Direction meeting that Fr. Mark mentioned this to me. Up until now it really hasn't been an issue but he warned me that it would be. 


I felt torn today because there was so much I wanted to do with everyone that I Love. I wanted to be at the hospital today, and because I haven't seen much of my family I needed to "be" with them. I also so wanted to just "be" with my buddy, but unfortunately that just didn't happen. 


I have Loved every single moment of this journey so far, and I mean everything. The challenges are just a glimpse of what is to come. 


So while we all walk this journey together I feel some comfort knowing that my Brothers out there fully understand these emotions. I guess I didn't have to wait too long for Fr. Mark's words to ring so clearly....."There will be times when you will be torn from all sides, family, friends, studies, and service to the Church!"

I realize now that Fr. Mark was speaking from the heart, and also from experience. 

May God Bless all of our religious leaders for the sacrifices they make each and every day!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment