Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Working through my imperfections!

He is Risen Alleluia! Yes it's a little late to post this, but we are still in the Easter Season. Anyways, I'm up early on this gorgeous Saturday morning and who knows what can happen when I get out there!

I've had a very interesting week. I returned to work on Monday after taking Holy Week off and I really felt energized by the experience. Tuesday I had a training meeting in West Lebanon to go to and it is a two hour drive. I left very early because there was a call for snow in the forecast. So much for the snow! I had a very uneventful ride, or so I thought. With that much time there are thoughts and ideas that can circulate in your head. One of them was the title for this posting. 

An inspirational message came to me from listening to the radio about a major league ballplayer who played with one hand. I can't remember his name but I do remember him. They spoke of how he inspired many people through his perseverance despite his physical imperfections. I know at my age I'll never be a major league ballplayer, but I like all of us need to allow the Lord to work through our imperfections in our lives. We need to remember........

"In Christ I can do all things!"

The training meeting went very well and we left early. I was on the road and looking forward to the evenings celebration. We did have a make up class planned, but I decided not to attend because it was the night of the Annual Bowling Banquet for our winter league. It has been tough this winter missing most of the season because of classes, and I really needed to be there gathering with my friends. That evening I received one of the most humbling compliments ever. We had so much fun sitting back, sharing, laughing, teasing each other. One of my teammates said towards the end..."we are better simply by your presence, even when you are just keeping score." It is still overwhelming for me today. 

That evening for me ties in very well with the title of this posting. Despite all the limitations that I and all of us have Christ Jesus will work through those little problems and allow something wonderful to happen when we least expect it. 

So today, put away all your fears, all your insecurities, don't make excuses, and trust that so much can happen when we are in someone's presence!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment