Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Do you believe in Miracles?

                                                                                                                 
  

 This morning I got up early and started going over today's readings and trying to really let them sink in.  Each and every reading had something special to it, but there was an underlining theme that was burning inside of me. I put myself into the Gospel reading and tried to imagine how I would handle the situation of the multiplication of the loaves and fishes. Being somewhat practical I thought that upon hearing what Jesus said about feeding the people, all 5,000 of them, I would have thought to myself  "is he nuts?" This can't happen, there's too many of them we can't possibly pull this off. 

Then it dawned on me, in 1980 a bunch of college kids were put together in a quest to do the impossible. There were no superstars, they were relatively unknown, and very few of them went any further than this event. Nobody gave them a chance, and anyone saying they could pull this off, would have been called "NUTS!" 

I'm sure the title of this posting has already given away where I'm going with this. We are like those young men who used what they had, they worked together, they learned to believe, and yes a miracle occurred, The Miracle on Ice. 

Our Lord is challenging us today, giving us everything we need, and when we believe we can perform miracles. This week our parish with the guidance of Deacon Andrew and Fr. Kyle pulled off a miracle of sorts where we successfully hosted over 1,200 pilgrims. We shared our talents, our love, and we were blessed with a beautiful day. 


Al Michaels may have believed that he coined the phrase "Do you believe in Miracles?" but honestly Jesus is the author, when he asked his Apostles to trust Him, to believe in Him, and also believe in themselves. Here is another quote from Al Michaels:..................

  "That was the beauty of that game," Michaels says. "You didn't have to understand to understand."

 Again, who is really the author of this, can't you just picture Jesus saying.......
 "That's the beauty of following me, you don't have to understand to understand, 
You just need to Believe!
 Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment