Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shine Like the Stars!

This week I have my assistant manager on vacation and so it's my turn to endure the marathon week filled with a Super Sale that is now going on. We have extended our hours so our complete days are now one hour longer, and I had three of them this week. Normally, it's not that big of a problem but my assistant called me this week and asked ...."did you bang your head while on vacation?" ..... " are you sure that you can handle all those hours alone?" Well, my ego at the time thought so (more on that subject later), but soon enough I found out that this would kick me hard in the behind!

The fatigue has gotten to me as far as blogging and journal-ling is concerned, but I haven't lost what matters most and that is receiving epiphanies along the way. This one happened yesterday at morning prayer. I'm really into it, I'm reading along, and then it happens. The Morning Reading:

Reading: Phillipians 2:14-15

In everything you do, act without grumbling or arguing;
prove yourself innocent and straightforward,
children of God beyond reproach in the midst of a twisted  
and depraved generation-
among whom you shine like the stars in the sky.

I know in the past I mentioned how incredible it feels to read something over and over again, and then suddenly it creates a spark inside of you that can't be extinguished. I also know that I have mentioned that one of my faults that I'm really working on is arguing, so needless to say this one was written for me, (and everyone else of course). I had to stop reading and really reflected upon this one. St. Paul has such an incredible way of getting to us, and then presenting a timeless message of hope and also evangelizing.
 
If we really want to bring more souls to Christ the road is mapped out right here. Don't be the one who grumbles all the time when you are faced with a prickly person or situation, don't be the one who argues and tries to prove that they know more or are always right, do prove yourself to be someone special in this still twisted and depraved generation, and when you shine like the stars in the sky, the world will look with envy and then they will say ......."I want what they have, I want to be like them!"


Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch  

No comments:

Post a Comment