Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Spiritual Friends!

This being Sunday I'm really going to enjoy this day. This is the last day of my vacation, this is the Lord's Day, today is Hospital Ministry Day, and I will be celebrating my cousins 60th Birthday!

Terry was off an running to work this morning and she dropped me off to Church just a little  bit early. We said our goodbyes and her vacation came to a halt. I stopped by to check the schedule and was greeted  by the Three Amigos: Fr. Mark, Fr. Kyle, and Deacon Andrew. Fr. Mark said "Here comes trouble", that's me! Fr. Kyle was the Celebrant today and he looked very intense, he reminded me of the look I must have had when I was giving my reflection with our community.

In his homily today he noted  that Jesus sent the Apostles out two at time, knowing that the Mission would be difficult, and challenging, and that they would be better off if they were not alone. He spoke about, that we all need a Spiritual friend in our life, someone that can help us out when times get rough, and when we may want to throw in the towel. I couldn't help but have many images race across my mind. Spiritual friends, traveling in two's, hum, Mike and I! That one was very special! Who else? My wife, my best friend,my candidate community, my morning prayer partner Mike M, Fr. Mark my Spiritual director, Fr. Kyle my confessor, and many others. We are not individualistic believers, we are an Assembly of believers, and we are all one body! I guess Fr. Kyle's intense appearance was pretty much like the one I had, one which was probably typical but unnecessary. We all do well together!

Hospital ministry continues to evolve and amaze me. Sometimes I see new people and at times I see them a second time around, but either way I grow from this experience. The Spirit, and the love that comes from this is incredible.

Soon I will be leaving to celebrate, and like the way this day his been going, it should be pretty special!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,


Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment