Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, October 21, 2012

I heard it in Church today!

We have a new pastor, Fr. Marc Gagne, and with someone new things always seem to change. We all now the story, but we all struggle with change. This being his second full weekend he is starting to challenge all of us to evangelize in the not so safe areas. We do a good job in Church, at home, but outside of that we are all really closet Catholics. He spoke of just small steps out there, like when we are gathered at our favorite restaurants we should begin with a prayer. It doesn't have to be an exaggerated action, but one of true thanks and piety. 

This being the Year of Faith, we are being called to let that light of Christ that is within us shine out to a broken world. Tonight I'm reading  a book, yes me the non-reader. The book is is called "One Body, Many Blogs" by TJ Burdick. This book is a guide for Christian bloggers and I have it downloaded on my Kindle Fire. I'm almost half done, yes it is a short book, and I'm getting some inspiration on how to improve on what I'm called to do. The number one commandment in most of the writers is to first pray! I was probably doing that for the most part, but I'm working to be better at it.

Tonight there was a biblical quotation that I thought really summed up our calling to procalaim the word, and also how prophetic some of the words were to describe our world today.................


I challenge you all to read this verse several times in prayer, let it sink in, and make sure you let that last line be your guide in life....But you, be self-possessed in all circumstances; put up with hardship; perform the work of an evangelist; fulfill your ministry.

 Remember to do this in the not so safe areas!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment