Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

When in doubt!

On Monday night we had our first class on the Liturgy. Fr. Jason  (a Berlin native, from the east side) is our teacher. He brings a wonderful energy to the table. You can always tell how much someone loves someone or something by their attitude and enthusiasm. He has both of them, in a very positive way.

We all have a paper to write for tonight's class on various topics. I selected the question on what I discovered to be profound from the first class. My topic was centered around reading directions. I know that isn't something men do very well with, and I'm probably number one on that list. 

We discussed how there are instructions on the Liturgy of the Hours, the General instructions of the the Roman Missal, and Sacrosanctum Concilium (yes Latin). Like in all things in life there are instructions on how to do things right or better and the Church is full of treasures that will help anyone,including me, on why we do what we do and how to do it better. Unity, was a key word that grabbed my attention. We glorify our Lord when we pray, when we sing, when we love as one!

It didn't take too long for me to figure out that maybe, just maybe I should also read the instructions on how to bring Communion to the Sick. Yes, there are instructions on that too. 

I'm sure you now know that I'm trying to lead you all to the same place that I'm moving to. If you pray the Liturgy of the Hours read the instructions, read the General instructions of the Roman Missal, and if you are an EM going to the sick, read the instructions. 

Read the instructions not because you want to know more, but because it will help you better understand and give greater glory to God!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment