Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Good Night John.....for now!

Tonight we will be taking our final class for the Gospel of John course. Unbelievable how four weeks has passed by.  This class has been just like the Gospel, very special indeed. The video-conferencing this year have been fabulous and the instructor has opened my eyes to the beauty of this Gospel. I especially enjoyed the connections that were made between the Gospel itself and the Wisdom books of the Old Testament.

A question or comment that I have heard from others is that Luke, Mark, or John is my favorite Gospel. So, what is my favorite? I don't have one yet. I guess I'll need more time plunging into the Gospels to determine that one someday. 

Honestly, I'm not so sure that I will have a favorite. There is so much beauty in each one that I feel like I'm being enriched whenever I devour the Lord's words.

After tonight we will be on break for a couple of weeks and we will also have a Formation weekend coming up on October 13th and 14th. 

Thank you all for your prayers and your support. We as a community really appreciate it!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment