Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Word!


To say that I have rested during these last two weeks would not be accurate. My life will be changing again in the business world which is actually something I don't cherish, but I have grown accustomed to. My assistant has chosen a new career path and I have honestly been very blessed by her presence over the last eight plus years. On Monday morning upon entering the store there was an empty feeling inside those walls. It was very noticeable when I entered the office, which was no longer adorned with her family photos. Her presence and kind words will be greatly missed. Tomorrow we celebrate the 55th anniversary of the store and we will also be closing her chapter in my business career. 

I'm gearing up for the next course which will be Liturgy. This year, like the last two have been moving right along. 

This morning as usual Mike M. and I gathered for morning prayers and my attention drifted off when I read the following antiphon:  
 
Ant. 3 Zion, praise your God, who sent his word to renew the earth.

Inside of me I'm thinking, "wait a minute, I'm hearing the Gospel of John still speaking to me"
1In the beginning* was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.a

and then I remembered what my spiritual director loves to say when someone quotes John 3:16 "so what does John 3:17 say?"
 

17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn* the world, but that the world might be saved through him.l

So this evening as I reflect one more time on the Gospel of John, I'm reminded of the mighty power of the Word!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch  

No comments:

Post a Comment