Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, September 27, 2013

Training, preparation, and back on the road!

On Wednesday I met with my pastor and he said "all set, we're going to the Church!" He looked like a man on a mission, no pun intended, and when we got there I could see that he planned a training session. We had talked about serving at the altar to get a feel for the future, and he did mention it, and there we have it! I got a crash course on what will be expected from me as an Acolyte, and the duties I will be expected to perform. Wow! I love it! 

The training went very well, with a few moments of hesitation on my part, I felt I did quite well. It probably doesn't hurt that I grew up as an altar boy, and that I have really paid attention to the details the last few years. We had a few questions come up and he gave me a homework to touch base with Fr. Jason on those questions. That was pretty much taken care of today!

At this weekend's formation session I will have the honor of presenting my reflection on Sunday morning's Liturgy of the Hours reading. The adage of an hour for every minute you speak is not quite right with me. I believe it's closer to two for one in my case. Terry has been my guinea pig and she gave me the thumb's up! 

Early tomorrow morning I'll be picking Mike up so that we can head south for the pastoral administration training. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone and it should be a great time.

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment