Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Feeling like a Boy Scout again!

Last Friday night I was out on Main Street to pick up a birthday sandwich for my son. As I got out of the car I looked on the sidewalk and saw what looked like a credit card, and sure enough it was. I picked it up and looked around and really didn't see anyone around. I picked up the sandwich and thought I probably should just bring it to the police station. I brought it home and Terry called the bank where the card was issued. I drove right down to the bank while remembering how anxious I was when I lost my card. I felt great for doing this little action.

Today I got a visitor in my store. The person who owned the card came in to thank me for turning in the card. She said she didn't even know that she had lost the card until the bank called her to let her know I turned in the card. We spoke for a few minutes and then she said thank you again and left. This event reminded me of when I was in High School and found an envelope that had $500.00 in it (this was in 1978 big bucks then!). It happened to belong to the sister of my High School french teacher who also asked me to do him a favor. I asked why me? He said because I can trust you, because of what you did for my sister.

So today I felt like a Boy Scout again, Do a good turn daily!

I hope you all had an awesome day!

Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment