Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Everything you need to know.........for now!"

Ever since I received the recent email from the diocese I couldn't get the title out of my head. Where have I heard something that relates to this. "Everything you need to know!" Then it hit me, Christology class. Huh! Yeah Christology class. Fr. John brought up something very moving in the class about revelation. He said that God is constantly revealing himself to us throughout the ages and we are receiving a little more each and every time we get closer to Him. Of course we won't ever get the total picture until we meet face to face but we are getting closer.

All the Candidates received this letter that reveals to us what we should be expecting in the coming year. Ironically, we are only getting to know everything we need to know for now, and later on we will obviously know more. I think this is a good thing, sometimes knowing too much can be overwhelming.

So I guess we know enough of what is to be for now, and it's time to enjoy this hot weather, the garden growing, the beautiful flowers, and the time spent with family and friends.

Tonight I attended Mass in Gorham. I'm trying to take advantage of attending Mass at least once during the week. After Mass I met up with a good friend that I've known ever since I started school. We both grew up on the east side and we both share a Love of Our Lord. We shared stories of our families and our dual needs for prayers. On my way back I thought about how much we need each other and I remembered a sign that I saw at a park in Lancaster today. The sign read " It's not me, it's not you, it's us! "


Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment