Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Keep Still!

Keeping still, has to be one of the toughest thing for a jittery person to do. For several weeks now I read the daily Scriptures before reading the reflection from the Word Among Us! Yesterday was one of those days that I had to sit back and  write down the passage from the Bible that got to me.....

" The Lord himself will fight for you; you only have to keep still!" Exodus 14:14.


At times I can be very impatient; something that I am working on. I want details, I want answers, I"m trying not to let emotions get the best of me. Last week I had a situation with another store that could have gotten out of control. It was a perfect time to keep still, and not let this turn into a fight. Fortunately, by the grace of God I kept still and dealt with the situation of taking proper care of the customer, and not with the emotinal baggage that was inside of me.

At morning prayer today I shared the passage with Mike and he really liked it also. He then found me a little impatient about something and he said....remember keep still! Well, I obviously still have work to do.

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis & "keep still!"

MItch

No comments:

Post a Comment