Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, July 4, 2011

Picnic Time!

For quite a few years now our parishes have had a good old fashioned 4th of July family picnic in the back yard at Holy Family Church in Gorham. Terry is working today so I decided to attend the affair. This was the very first time that I  participated in this event.

I had to bring a dish and wasn't quite sure what to bring so I stopped by a store to pick up a few things and offered them. Even though most of the people had already eaten I noticed before I left that all the food that I brought was gone, I guess I chose wisely.

The event was great! I got a chance to talk to many parishioners, friends, and even had a chance to do a water balloon toss. We did well but didn't win, but I didn't get wet either! I felt a nudge from inside to be there, to be visible, to share, and have fun. Next year I will be making a dish, arriving earlier, but most of all I will let as many people as possible know that they should just be there also.

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment