Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And we just talked!

I have been meeting for over a year now with another parishioner for Morning Prayers. We can almost predict the usual time each one of us will arrive. Today was a little different. My friend showed up later than usual and he arrived with a heavy heart. We were just about to begin when I said...."Why don't we just talk this morning?"

We then shared what was going on in his life and how he dealt with a young member of our community. He counseled, he shared, and he was available for this young man. My friend has such a wonderful heart, and faith. He is so humble that he just doesn't want to take any credit for the ministry he just performed. He is a prime example of what it means to be a Christian and how well we can fulfill our Lenten obligations. Like my pastor would say, it's all about the ministry of presence.

We were both very much into this moment of sharing. So much so that I was actually a little late for work this morning. Luckily my Assistant was on time for opening. 

I learned so much this morning from this experience. It's great that we do our formal prayers together, but being there for each other is what Jesus taught us to do!


Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment