Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do you keep a checklist?

I've been reflecting on this past year, probably in anticipation of the on coming year. There is so much to think about and one little thing popped into my head. One of my best friends in the company mentioned something very interesting to me. We had a discussion on the journey that I'm on and she mentioned that she had grown up Catholic and is very happy with her Protestant Faith.

Then came the comment, one thing that she felt was that most Catholics were more interested in keeping a checklist of things to do than to dive into their faith. Knowing the kind of person she is I took the comment in the spirit it was given. She wasn't malicious or judgemental, she said the following....
  1. Morning prayers- check
  2. Go to Mass on Sundays-check
  3. Evening Prayers-check
  4. etc. etc.
I'm sure you are all getting the message. I really had to think about it. Do we really live that way? Honestly, I would have to say yes. Most  Catholics feel that we have a list of things to do and trying to be good is what is needed to be close to God.

So if this is probably the case, how do we change this? She offered her answer, it's great in a sense to do all these things, but where is your relationship with Jesus. Ah, that personal relationship comment. You know what? I would honestly have to agree with her. I know in my life I have tried to step it up quite a bit, and I know it's working with me. I liken this to my relationship with Terry, when we first met and then fell in Love we couldn't get enough time together and we still can't. I want that with Jesus! I want to know Him as much as He knows me, and I want to share more of my life with Him.

So the question is "Do you keep a checklist?"


Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment