Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Encourage each other daily!

For those of you who recite the Morning Prayers you might be aware of this little phrase. In the Invitatory Psalm 95 there is a small quote...."Encourage each other daily while it is still today (Hebrews 3:13). I have been reading this for over a year now and only this week has this small phrase made a real impact in my life. Why does this seem to happen?

Yesterday I was reading the Word Among Us reflection and the following  quotes really stirred up a well spring of emotions...

"You have every reason to be a minister of Jesus' love and mercy.
In a world that has grown jaded, positive and encouraging people
are exceptional-and deeply needed!
wau july/August pg 82

When you mix these two messages with a guy who thrives on a positive outlook in life, you can create a challenge to make this happen. Today at work I had to check up on a repair order for a window treatment for one of my customers. I was wondering why it had taken so long. I called and there was some confusion about the order, the company changed their repair order numbers and couldn't locate my order. The receptionist asked me to track the order with the shipping company and call them back. I called the shipping company and it took a while and finally I received the information that I needed. I called the company back and the receptionist was investigating the situation and throughout the conversation I sensed a nervous and hesitant person. She seemed afraid that I was going to blow up about the situation. She kept asking me to be patient and to wait a few minutes and I assured her that wasn't a problem at all. She seemed to calm down and she was able to locate the order and explain that they were waiting for a part to complete the repair.

I then put something into practice, I thanked her for her patience and for the very nice work that she did. I praised her, encouraged her, and I could tell through the conversation that she was thankful, and feeling really good. Working in sales I am well aware that we get more criticisms than praises. I really don't know who felt better from this phone call. I guess we were tied on the feeling great meter.

"So go ahead and encourage one another.
Build one another up (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
Talk about what God is doing in your life.
Comment on the good things you see him doing in
someone else's life.
Be positive, supportive, appreciative."
WAU july/August page 82

Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

PS Don't waste any time, do it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment