Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Hurry Up!

Since I started this blog a little over a year ago, there have been numerous occasions that I mentioned that the community has been eagerly anticipating "the deacons".  I use this term that Fr. Kyle has been calling Mike and I. Well yesterday before Mass at 9 am I saw our Pastor Fr. Mark and I mentioned to him that "wow, didn't you just say the 7 am Mass and you are also saying the 9 am Mass?" His answer was " yes, and I have Baptisms after the 9 am Mass and I'm saying Mass at 2 at the state prison?"  He also added "I can't wait until you men can do the Baptisms!" Well unfortunately he'll have to be patient and wait for us a little bit longer.

Thinking about Fr. Mark's Sunday schedule I can understand his eagerness to get us started. After all, a 7 am Mass means you have to get the Church open by 6:15, which also means no sleeping in that day. He really had a very full day yesterday without adding the state prison ministry.

Fr. Dennis had shared that the call for a renewal of the Permanent Diaconate came about from a grass roots calling, and by the looks of things it certainly has filtered all the way up through the ranks. The need is staggering! If God is willing, when Mike and I get ordained we will easily fill 10 to 15 hours of work for the parish every week.

Yesterday really opened up my eyes to what is needed out there. Our Lord in his own way pointed out so much to me. I knew there was a need, but I also realize that even Mike and I won't be able to handle everything else that the faithful are looking for. So we will have to do like everyone else, plug away and maybe as models of faith our actions may inspire others to volunteer or better yet, say "Yes" when Our Lord calls!

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

MItch

PS Our second class of year two begins tomorrow night, please pray for all 23 of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment