Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pray the Rosary!

It's Monday morning and even though I'm on vacation I like getting up early and doing Morning Prayers with my buddy Mike M. Well, Monday being a holiday the Church wasn't open very early and we had someone dropping off a key for us to unlock the Church for the morning Mass. Mike showed me what needs to be done and unfortunately he couldn't join me for Morning Prayers. He then asked me " are you going to do the Rosary today?" Honestly I haven't done the Rosary very much in many a year so I kinda ducked that question.

I went into the Adoration Chapel and recited my Morning Prayers, read the WAU, and the day's readings in the Bible. After a little meditation I continued reading the Examen and then there it was, a witnesses testimony...."the Examen really helps me with my prayers, especially the Rosary!" I didn't need three invitations to get it, so I knew that we had a group of parishioners who recite the Rosary before Mass and there I was joining them.

Well, I didn't forget how to recite the Rosary and yes it was a very special and comforting time for me. The Mass was a little more special, the day went very well and I guess it's what my Mother requested of me.

I don't think I'll need a special invitation to pray again, as tomorrow morning before Mass, Mike and I have already planned to join the community in reciting the Rosary!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

PS: since we are off from school I'll be bowling tonight!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment