Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Summit of sorts!

Well not really, but yesterday I was Lector and met our Pastor Fr. Mark and Fr. Kyle and they obviously heard that we have been having difficulties in our classes. I guess the word gets around real quick in Berlin. They asked "why are you traveling to Plymouth when you could be taking these classes here or somewhere closer?" My response was "well, I sometimes wonder myself, but we are a very small community in Plymouth and we really love being together?" They looked at me with silence and I knew that they understood why the traveling was challenging but there was a great benefit of being together.

Fr. Kyle asked what we were studying and I mentioned the Synoptic Gospels. He was asking me a few more questions and then he made a comment that really made my day, and probably longer than that. Fr. Kyle said "I'm looking forward to working with "the Deacons", we have lots of work to do here!" Very touching, you bet! Unfortunately I told him we have three more years to go and even though we would love to keep you here the odds aren't very good. Nevertheless, I'm so glad that this Diocese has a Priest of his caliber tending to the flock.

Looking back at this "mini summit" I take away a Pastor who is very concerned and personally involved in our journey and an Associate who has lots of fire in him.

The weather is gorgeous, and so is the beauty of God's Creation!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment