Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Monday, December 5, 2011

Humility.....One moment at a time!

Another Formation has come and gone and like all of them in the past I have learned something very valuable from this past weekend. I will share this all with you shortly, but something else is really stirring inside of me.

There were three events that created some very humbling moments for me. On Saturday I got a chance to talk to David and he shared that he follows my blog about once a month. He told me that he has been able to relate to what I write about and that he has enjoyed it. Now comes the part that really left me speechless, he told me this.......
"I feel that I'm walking with you, and that your words are our voice!"
I'm still even now tremendously moved by these words and as I've stated recently the Lord has been speaking to me through people I know. Thank you so much David!

My next moment this weekend again was totally unexpected. I was scheduled to be a Eucharistic Minister and I was very proud to have been selected at one of our gatherings. The moment came suddenly as Deacon Arnold presented to me the Blessed Sacrament. I was prepared to offer the Chalice with the Precious Blood and instead he taught me something special with no words spoken. Moments like these hopefully will occur some day and I will never forget what I learned that day. Again, this was a very proud and humbling moment in my life. Thank you so much Deacon Arnold!

The next moment actually occurred this morning before Morning Prayers. I read the church bulletin to catch up with what was going on in the parish. At the end of the bulletin was a short paragraph asking the parishioners to continue to pray for Mike, Elise, Terry, and myself as we continue on our journey of formation to the Permanent Diaconate. I remember posting on Saturday how much we all need prayers to support us all, and of course Our Lord had already inspired our Pastor to continue to keep everyone aware of our journey and our need for their continued support. Thank you so much Fr. Mark!

The Lord teaches and speaks to us all in so many ways and fortunately I was able to listen and really enjoy the moments.

For all my brother and sister candidates I thank you for your support and I am extremely honored and humbled to be "YOUR voice out there!"

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment