Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Persevere

Persevere! That was one of the final words I heard from my former pastor and good friend Fr. Rich today. The last time I saw him and talked with him was this past June at the Rite of Candidacy. I saw him earlier this month at the Installation of Bishop Peter, but we didn't get a chance to connect. I've known Fr. Rich for many years when we were Boy Scouts together and he hasn't lost his positive outlook in life.

He stopped by my store for only a few minutes to say Hi, present me with a few gifts, and a card for Terry and I. He asked how classes were going and I shared honestly that I preferred last years format to this. He was so glad that Mike and I are sharing this journey, and stated how much he pushed for something to change so that we could finally have Deacons in the North Country. He emphasized that the northern part of the state is in desperate need of help in many ministries.

As he was ready to leave he said..."God Bless you and Terry and remember to keep persevering!"


Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment