Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)

This is a bittersweet Christmas for the Couture family this year. For the first time in over 29 years Terry and I won't be celebrating Christmas Eve together. We both grew up celebrating with family on Christmas Eve. The good news is the children are both here for Christmas and we will gather together in a few hours. Terry has to work tonight and be with those children who don't have what we have, and that is a stable family life. So our blessings are very precious even when we are apart.

Tomorrow morning we will gather as our immediate family has done since we got married over 27 years ago. We began a tradition that started with just the two of us early Christmas morning and we continued that ever since. Fortunately Terry had the schedule changed so she could be with us tomorrow morning, but she needs to work again tomorrow afternoon. We will definitely cherish the time we  have together.

Tonight I will be going to Midnight Mass which is something I came back to a few years ago. The music, the nostalgia, and thrill of being with everyone in a large church is quite special for me. I also have the honor of being a Eucharistic Minister this evening and this just makes it that much sweeter.

I would love to thank all my brother candidates at this special time. If there is anyone else I would love to spend Christmas with is with all of you. Blessings upon you and your families.

Bonsoir et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch



No comments:

Post a Comment