Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A time to review and reflect!

The end of the year is in sight and like everyone else I'm looking back on everything that has happened in the past year. I made it a point to keep a journal in 2011 and quite honestly it was better than I thought. I struggled with it, I was inspired, and at times just like oatmeal (bland)! I'm reading my daily reflection from WAU (the word among us) and they asked to review a journal if you kept one. I looked through January and the emotions inside of me came rushing forth. I laughed, I cried, I was surprised, but mostly amazed at what was in there. I was kind of shocked at what I had written down, and ever so thankful that I was inspired by Our Lord to persevere!

I looked at my goals for 2011 and I really think that they need to continue to be my goals for 2012!


                         Patience: I still need to work on this one!

Challenging people: I'm working on arguing less with people
and to stop trying to prove I'm right!
Listening:  much better, but still needs work!
Visible: the constant challenge to be seen as a witness at all times and not just in
certain places, always 24/7!
Presence: working to being in the moment with people, taking the time
for others, definitely the most important part of my ministry!

Finally, I need to pray that I don't lose sight of what is before me!

My hope is to be able to acknowledge on 12/31/12 that I was able to say honestly:
I refuse!
Please check out the video!



Bonjour et Adieu mes "Amis"!

Mitch

PS Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment