Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Friday, December 16, 2011

Which Mitch? and Praying!

Yesterday was another road trip day for a company meeting. I traveled with my assistant to Lebanon and we gathered with other employees to receive training on service and adding value to our products. I have the most seniority of all managers in the company and I'm usually paired with the youngest members. After 26 years of service you would think someone would have all these service issues down pat and could opt out of attending these seminars. Well, even the senior person has to be there and probably it's more helpful for others, as I'm more of a sounding board than someone trying to take this all in. At the end of the training we had to present to everyone a product that was selected for us and how in conversational form we would share this information. I was last and I felt that it was another opportunity to speak publicly and share (without notes) how I would present our value to the customer at the point of sale. I received a comment from an assistant after my presentation that...."I'm ready to buy that product!" It reminded me of a statement my pastor made that..."You have seven minutes to sell your product!" I didn't have much time to prepare but it lasted only a couple of minutes. Please don't get offended by the idea of selling something as trying to sell God, I can relate to the passion that is needed to present a message and also sell a product. Either way you need to be prepared and believe in what you say and do.

When I got home last night I checked my emails and saw a message for a doctors appointment at 9:30 am. I didn't remember one so I got up early, took a shower and showed up a with plenty of time to spare. They took me in right away, got me on the scale (yeah, I lost two pounds) and then took me in the exam room. Something was odd today, the nurse wasn't my usual nurse, but maybe she was out. Then the exam room was different and then I said..."Who am I seeing today?" Well, the answer wasn't my regular doctor and then I thought...."You have the wrong Mitch!" My son and I share the same name and nickname and I'm use to being the wrong Michael or Mitch Couture. Oh well, I left quickly and picked up a coffee for Terry and I.

Praying, yes I will get to this right now. I came across divineoffice.org from Geoff at the last formation weekend. I checked out the site and I really love it! When I'm alone to do prayers I listen and follow on the pod casts that they have. It really is a very enjoyable way of praying alone with others! Check it out, I give it two thumbs up!

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment