Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

On the road again!

There is another constant about living in Burrlin besides long winters. No matter what the event is in life you need to be prepared for a road trip. Tim Samples the Maine comedian would say appropriately....."You can't get there from here!!!" and believe me Berlin is one of those towns. Chore number one, fill up the car, grab two cups of coffee, and drive for 2 hours and 20 minutes. Check, all systems go!

Thursday was a day I was so looking forward to. I told Mike several times that I had been checking my mailbox daily to see if we would be getting an invitation to the Installation of Bishop Peter. I was definitely not disappointed with the day at all. Terry kept staring at me at various times and said..."you look so happy to be here!" Indeed I was, and as I look back to where my life was several years ago, I can only say I'm here because of the Providence of Our Lord.

We capped the wonderful day off by having supper with some great friends who live in Manchester. We always make it a point to stop by to see them whenever we are in the area. It wasn't anything extravagant as we ordered pizza and spent time with them. We left Manchester at about 8:30 and yes it did make for a long day, but it was well worth it.

Our next road trip happened last night. I'm working the weekend with an employee on vacation and my boss scheduled a Christmas party. I asked him if we could close the store early so I could make it to the party. I closed at 4 and we had the routine down. Go home pick up a warmer jacket check, gas tank full check, program the gps check, pick up two cups of coffee check, and drive 1 hour and 50 minutes check! I got transferred to a new district about two years ago and events like these gives Terry and I a chance to make new friends and enjoy the quiet time in the car together.We got home shortly before midnight and once again enjoyed an evening spent with new acquaintances but most of all quiet time with each other.

My next road trip is Thursday in West Lebanon for a district meeting, there is a routine! The drive is 2 hours , and the constant remains the same....."Get ready for a road trip!"

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment