Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Behold the Lamb of God!

Yesterday I officially began my ministry at the hospital. I say officially because of the paperwork that is needed in this day and age, good or bad the experience for me is unequaled. The faith I see, and the way their eyes light up when they are about to receive the Holy Eucharist is incredible. I am also in awe of the one yesterday who didn't receive, but was very willing to pray along with me for his health. We prayed, I touched his hands and asked that the Great Physician our Lord Jesus Christ heal both body and Soul. The faith of those in the hospital was truly inspirational for me.

Last night, to balance off our lives Terry and I joined my best friend and his wife for supper. Just the time to spend together away from the distractions of the world was so nice. Terry topped it off by sharing some of her homemade bread. I still find it incredible the joy that people express whenever she presents this to them. A simple gift that offers so much basic human pleasure. My folks were given one also, and my Dad couldn't wait till morning to have his toast.

Today at Mass we hear from the Gospel of John the words uttered by John the Baptist..."This is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world." I believe that I have stated many times that I read the Word Among Us each day. Today I had a busy morning that I didn't have the opportunity to read it until after receiving the Eucharist. Needless to say, the inspiration provided to me by the daily meditation was overwhelming.  John the Baptist after preparing so long to see Our Lord, immediately recognizes him without having known him. I could see the faces of those in the hospital recognizing Jesus. They saw with bright and inviting eyes, and I could see the joy that only true Faith and Love for the Eucharist could bring. Yesterday presented me the opportunity to truly witness something spectacular, and today I saw and recognized Our Lord in a new light. I pray that I may always recognize Jesus when I see him, and also have that look of Love that the patients had when they were able to receive Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.

The pace of my blog will slow down a bit as I am preparing to leave for a national sales meeting for Sherwin-Williams where I work. I am leaving early Wednesday morning to get to the airport in Portland Maine.  While away I will be praying for all my families, (blood,aspirants,friends,& parishioners), and also for those who have followed what I share in this blog. I am extremely humbled as to how this information gets out there!

God Bless you all, and I pray that today and from now on we can all be like John the Baptist and easily recognize and embrace Our Lord.

Adieu mes Amis, a bientot!

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment