Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Back on the road again; knock knock!

Well, I was back on the road again this week. Thursday was the first night of our New Testament class. It was an interesting night of reviewing our Old Testament class and plowing into our New Testament class. I say plowing into, because as you all know we are trying to load up on so much information in such a small amount of time. Like all the other classes, three hours goes by rather quickly. Fr. Biron is very articulate and enthusiastic in his deliveries. I think the most important element he presented dealt with a book that we would not be using. It presented the parallels in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. He presented a snippet of information for us to reflect on. The opening lines from the rich young man in each Gospel:


 "And behold, one came up to him saying, "Teacher what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?" Matthew 19:16; "And he was setting out on his journey, a man ran and knelt before him, and asked him,"Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" Mark 10:17; "And a ruler asked him,"Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
 Luke 18:18!



These parallels reminded me of a game we all learned, where we hear something and it always seems to get changed somehow. Sometimes the changes are extremely obvious, other times they are simply subtle, the more people involved the more obvious the changes. Since Mark was the first and influenced Matthew and Mark we notice subtle differences. The essence or the message is universal and yet we notice each one gave the message in a different way. This part of the class really impressed me the most of everything we learned. The drive home was uneventful as usual and I thank the Lord for that.

Today marked the second official time I did hospital ministry. The last time I was there I felt that I missed an opportunity to be a witness to someone who wasn't on the official list. I should have pressed forward and yet I didn't. I resolved to avoid this happening again to me. I can't put into words how much I am changed by being there. The look, the Love, and the faith is incredible. I met so many people that each and every experience was special. I Love it! 

This was truly a great week of work, schooling, ministry, and family time.

Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment