Featured Post

Scenes from my first Christmas

Yes, this is my First Christmas.....as a Deacon of course. Fr. Andrew reminded me and the entire congregation of that, along with the story ...

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jesus Patrol!

Yesterday, Terry and I made a road trip to visit our daughter. We hadn't seen her since Christmas and she was also moving into a new apartment. She is a very motivated individual and she had already moved everything in. We were planning on helping her pick up her couch at the store. She was very proud! She's got a good job, a new place to live, a new car, and soon to be having a new dog. Well she showed off her apartment to us. It's cute small but very affordable. She is starting to be very frugal. 

As we were leaving to head to the store she pulls out a gift for me. She had a hat that was marked "Jesus Patrol!" She was asking kind of sheepishly if I loved it or not? The answer came quickly as I put it on my head and told her that I would wear it to our next formation weekend. I think it's her way of finally understanding what this journey means to me. She still has a few questions but she seems to realize that this is something very special in my life.

Last night we celebrated the birthday party for a friend and the hat was noticed almost immediately. We had a great time, a wonderful campfire, but after a long day on the road we called it a night around 10.

Looking back, it was a wonderful day full of little things that made it very special. Best of all I shared this with Terry.

Bonjour et Adieu mes Amis,

Mitch 

No comments:

Post a Comment